Cypress Employment has a client in Mobile looking for a Building Steward.
• Knowledge of different cleaning products and tools
• Work with vendors to maintain the HVAC, lawn and grounds, roofers, plumbing repairs, carillon
maintenance, and lighting and electric repairs
• Time-management and multitasking abilities
• Physical strength and stamina
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods
• Ability to lift and move over 40 pounds
• Organization skills
• Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
The Building Steward is dedicated to maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the church and
its grounds. They should find enjoyment in the work that they do as it allows them to be of service to
others and find fulfillment in cleaning. They should also be a trustworthy, loyal individual because they
will most likely be working without direct supervision throughout the day. They will be around children
ages 1 to 4 years old who attend the Mother’s Day Out and Preschool Program. They will make sure
the doors are secure for the children’s safety. They will need to pass a background check.
The Building Steward is responsible for general upkeep of the building. Makes certain the church
buildings are clean and in orderly condition. Performs heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors,
restrooms, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish. Straightens kitchen. Completes small
repairs. Sets up tables and chairs in the Fellowship Hall, Parlors, and Sunday School classes. Duties
may include, notifying Church Administrator of the need for repairs and assisting Preschool Teachers
with upkeep of the Educational Building.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""